We try to make at least one “big” dish a week so we’ll have some tasty leftovers for lunch during the week. We usually try to make something that has a good variety of the food groups in one dish and can easily be reheated. We typically portion it out into plastic containers as soon as dinner is over so they are ready to go. This recipe is based off a reader suggestion in a parenting magazine for crockpot meals.
Easy Crockpot Chicken and Noodles with Vegetables
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can cream of broccoli soup
- 4-6 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 package of egg noodles
- 1 small package of frozen mixed vegetables
- Combine broth, water and soup in crockpot. Submerge chicken.
- Cook on low during the day.
- 1 hour before serving, shred chicken and add noodles and vegetables.
- Serve. Add a little shredded cheese on top, if desired.
Might I recommend Apple Crisp for dessert? Enjoy!