Family dinners are a must in our house. We try to eat together at least one meal a day and most weeks it is only 1-2 days a week that we don’t have at least one together a day. It’s a time to talk with no television, a chance to try new foods, and I love when the evenings that we just end up laughing and joking around.
While we have many meals based on staples from the freezer and pantry, we do try to have themed meals when we can. This is an easy Ratatoullie recipe we came across a few years ago and is a great side with lots of veggies but not a lot of effort.
- 1/2 eggplant
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 cloves or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1, 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep and cut vegetables into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in sauté pan on medium heat. Heat oil. Add garlic.
- Add vegetables and oregano, cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid, season with slat and pepper, cover and reduce to low heat. Stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
Domesticating Michelle has two French cookbooks to inspire your next family meal. Both cookbooks are from Williams-Sonoma, French and Crème Brulee (ARV $34), sure to put you in the mood to enjoy a French inspired movie afterwards. Enter to win this self sponsored giveaway at the link below. (Be sure to keep scrolling for more links to other giveaways!)
What is Favado? It is a mobile savings app that helps shoppers stop overspending on groceries by notifying them when their favorite items are on sale, has money saving experts who hand select sales and coupons every week — in more than 65,000 grocery and drugstores nationwide — to enable discovery of the best deals for savings up to 70% on everyday items. Sign up here!
For more giveaways with this blog hop, visit An InLinkz Link-up!